[python-win32] pywin32 build 211 released

le dahut le.dahut at laposte.net
Tue Jun 17 17:23:02 CEST 2008

Mark Hammond wrote :
>> #2 : the .exe must have a manifest that contains :
>> """
>> ... (I use the "python.exe.manifest" in which I add the following)
>> <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
>>   <security>
>>    <requestedPrivileges>
>>     <requestedExecutionLevel
>>      level="requireAdministrator"
>>      uiAccess="false"/>
>>    </requestedPrivileges>
>>   </security>
>> </trustInfo>
>> """
>>

>> I've put the manifest directly in the .exe using py2exe and :
>> 'other_resources': [(24, 1, mymanifest)],
>> "24" is where the manifest should be.
>
> I'm not sure this will work (and I'm not sure if you are saying it does or
> doesn't work).  To check it works, you should use the 'mt.exe' tool that
> comes with the MSVC compilers and Platform SDKs to check it can extract a
> manifest, and it is as you expect.

Actually this works fine, it was only an idea that you can use to make
pywin32 installable on XP without service pack :
* on XP it will have the classic behaviour (like with pywin32-210)
* on Vista, user will be prompted for an elevation

I suppose that you don't use py2exe but maybe you can add an embedded
manifest in your installer.