[python-win32] How to generate syslog records from a Python program eg using Kiwi's KLOG_COM.dll?

Jeremy Nicoll - pyw32 jn.ml.pyw32.88 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Sat Mar 1 14:48:29 CET 2008

Warning: I know nearly nothing about Windows, DLLs, COM etc.  My programming
has mainly been done on mainframes and RISC OS (ARM) machines.

Kiwi Enterprises, at: http://www.kiwisyslog.com/ provide some free syslog
utilities.

Amongst them are a set of DLLs eg one called KLOG_COM.dll which I think can
be used from various programming languages to generate syslog records.

As I found out about this way of generating syslog records while reading
about Kiwi's utilities I've assumed that this is the way (or at least a good
way) to generate syslog records from a Python program, but I suppose there
must be other ways too?  A platform-independent method would clearly be
better...

There's lots of documentation provided with KLOG_COM.dll but none of it is
Python-orientated and it is all well over my head.   I've assumed that as
KLOG_COM.dll is a COM thing, I'll need pywin32 installed to use it, so I
have installed that too.

But I have no idea what to do next.  Can anyone provide sample code?