[python-win32] Iron Python and Visual Basic 2005 (or 2008) Express

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 23:37:07 CET 2008

Dick Moores wrote:
> Years ago I learned a bit of Visual Basic (VB6,
> IIRC) at a community college. About a year ago I
> downloaded the free Visual Basic 2005 Express
> (<http://www.microsoft.com/express/vb/Default.aspx>),
> but didn't do much with it.
>
> But I was wondering if it was possible to write
> Python code in Iron Python and use it somehow in
> Visual Basic 2005 (or 2008) Express. VB seemed a very easy
> way to create a GUI, but of course I prefer Python for the code.
>
> So, possible/impossible/impractical/foolish/Pythonically_traitorous?

I don't know what Iron Python is,
but I'm using embedded Python in Delphi (which is quit comparable to
VB)  for about a year now,
and it's indeed a fabulous great combination:
- the GUI power of Delphi
- the scripting and numerical power of Python / SciPy
I would say much more powerful than MatLab,
and even be more powerful than LabView.

cheers,
Stef