[python-win32] Iron Python and Visual Basic 2005 (or 2008) Express

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 17:20:45 CET 2008

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 09:00:48 +0000
From: Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk>
Subject: Re: [python-win32] Iron Python and Visual Basic 2005 (or
2008)   Express
Cc: python-win32 at python.org

>>As far as I know, PyScripter [1] is written in Delphi so the
>>guys there presumably have some sort of marriage arrangement!

This looks like "just another IDE". The fact that it was written in
Delphi doesn't make it better.
It is lacking what most Python IDE's are lacking ; "A Delphi-quaility"
RAD environment for building a UI.
QT Designer is the probably the one which is the closest, but is still
far from being Delphi-like, and the installation/compilation for the
QT framework is complicated.

As far as non-RAD IDE's for Python, Wing IDE is the front runner, and
not that expensive.
The Eric4 IDE is free, but again requires installing/compiling QT4,
and QT designer is it's GUI design tool.