[python-win32] Windows Vista slow down Python xmlrpc

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 20:31:59 CET 2008

On 06/03/2008, Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:
> caxelrud wrote:
>  > The XP was about 100 times faster !
>  >
>  > Does anybody now how to seepup the Vista execution?
>
> Yes: upgrade to Windows XP.  ;)

Is it also possible that Vista has some form of firewall enabled by
default, that is not on XP? If so, disabling that may help.

(Disclaimer: I've not used Vista, I'm just going off the various
postings around, which seem to imply that Vista takes a much harder
line on the "secure by default" approach - so having a firewall on by
default seems plausible).

Paul.