[python-win32] embedding IPython in a windows dll

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Mar 10 22:43:53 CET 2008

mani sabri wrote:
> Hi
> It's my first email in this list.
> After googleing for a day about redirecting python stdout/stdin/stderr.I
> found out that for a win32 application or a dllmain that does not naturally
> has a console I can AllocConsole() for them and blah blah blah! well anybody
> knows how that story ended? Or is it still a problem? I didn't saw anybody
> satisfied at the end of that threads with python shells from their dlls!.

I have no idea what you are asking.

Are you trying to give access to a Python shell inside of another
application?  If so, then AllocConsole is not what you want.  The
wxPython GUI framework includes several tools to do exactly that.  They
put up an editable window, which is often more useful than a barebones
console.

If I misunderstand you, try asking your question again, and be specific.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com