[python-win32] How to create a com_record?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sat Mar 15 00:32:31 CET 2008

Kevin Patterson wrote:

> Now the bad news: I can't figure out how to get a Record if the GUID
> is not present. The one I need is in OLE. When I use the Visual C++
> browser, I can see that the GUID struct is defined, but there is no
> GUID for the GUID struc (ironic huh :))

This path is going to lead nowhere.  A GUID is not a COM record.  There
is no IID for the GUID data type.  The GUID struct is defined in
stdole2.tlb, which has IID {00020430-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}, but I
don't think that's enough.

Let's step back for a moment.  What are you actually trying to do?
GetInterface is usually only called internally by QueryInterface, and
there are usually other ways to get one interface from another in Python.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com