[python-win32] How to create a com_record?

Kevin Patterson patter001 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 17:18:26 CET 2008

In case it helps, here's the overall description of the COM/app and what how
this function fits: "COM_App" is a typelib (with multiple classes) for
interfacing to an application that controls hardware on a USB port. When
multiple applications are started it becomes impossible for users to write
code for accessing a particular instance of the app, therefore a manager com
"COM_Manager" was created. There are two important level of the COM_Manager.
The first call gets you an object representing the particular application
(Its not really "COM_App" per-se, its just another object that handles that
app). Then there is  "SomeFunction" below, it gives you the particular class
for the particular COM_App. That is why it is takes a GUID as a parameter.

I'm still learning about the details of the COM, I guess VT_RECORD  is sort
of the standard way of passing any structure information back and forth? My
email access for the first half of the week is fairly limited but I'll still
try to learn my way around the test harness to see if I can create an
example.