[python-win32] python 2.5

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Mar 17 19:37:56 CET 2008

Tarun Kapoor wrote:

> I want to use python win32 extensions on python 2.5 but it seems like
> they were built for 2.3…
>
> I copied the win32 folders from C:\python23\lib\site-packages to
> C:\python25\lib\site-packages but it does not work….
>
> Is there a workaround ? anyone using it ?

For future reference, a Python extension written in C only works for a
single major version.  That is, an extension built for 2.4.1 will work
with any 2.4 version, but not with 2.3 or 2.5.

This is because the Python interpreter actually lives in a DLL
(python23.dll, python24.dll. python25.dll), and the extension must link
with a single version of that DLL.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com