[python-win32] Null Session ipc$

Kevin Horn kevin.horn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 16:27:59 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 6:18 AM, Ludovic Reenaers <
lreenaers at ressource-toi.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I guess It is depending on the version of windows, I
> think I had read somewhere null connection is not applicable on most
> recent windows versions...

according to:
http://www.brown.edu/Facilities/CIS/CIRT/help/netbiosnull.html

"NetBIOS NULL sessions are enabled by default in Windows NT and 2000.
Windows XP and 2003 will allow anonymous enumeration of shares, but not SAM
accounts."

Note that these are only default settings...Windows systems can be
configured to allow or disallow null sessions using the registry.

Kevin Horn