[python-win32] Using .chm files.

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Sun Mar 23 16:01:43 CET 2008

Arun v n wrote:
> Im in need of using a .chm help file where .hlp help fines are curretly
> being used..
> Winhelp() method is used for opening .hlp files.. Mine is a win32
> applicatio... How could I make use of HTMLHelp() method in Win32.. Is
> there any specific headers and libs that I will have to include..
> Or is there any or method that can be used...? Experts gve me user
> inputs pls... Let me also know the headers and libs that shold be used
> if there is any other method to do this...

I'm afraid it's not entirely clear what you're asking
for here. To open a .chm file you can just use os.startfile.
To open it a little more precisely, you can call hh.exe
with the subprocess.call function and some suitable params.

If you need more than that, you'd better come back with a
more specific enquiry.

TJG