[python-win32] Max parameters in method of IConnectionPoint interface?

Brad Johnson Brad.Johnson at ballardtech.com
Wed Mar 26 22:31:34 CET 2008

I have implemented an object that supports connection points in COM.

In ATL, there is a #define that limits the number of parameters supported for a
connection point client:

#define _ATL_MAX_VARTYPES 8

I have one function that has 11 parameters, so for my C++ client (using ATL) I
had to redefine this to a larger number.

However, my Python clients return E_OUTOFMEMORY when the Source interface
attempts to call into the client. I assume (maybe wrongly) that this is due to
an arbitrary maximum on number of parameters.

If so, can I change win32com to support more than the current maximum number of
parameters?