[python-win32] Request for comments - the spaces issue [SEC=PERSONAL]

Andrew MacIntyre Andrew.MacIntyre at acma.gov.au
Mon May 26 06:04:21 CEST 2008

> Interesting. I don't like the idea of 2 spaces after a period.
> Internet research on this topic seems to favor one space.
>
> I notice when a PEP is set in monospace there are 2 spaces after
> periods, otherwise 1 space. That seems inconsistent.

It's not as inconsistent as might seem, as the two spaces after a period
rule comes from monospaced typewriters where the period occupies a full
character width.  The 1 space after a period rule applies to
adjacent characters or the space.

-------------------------> "These thoughts are mine alone!" <---------
Andrew MacIntyre           National Licensing and Allocations Branch
tel:   +61 2 6219 5356     Inputs to Industry Division
fax:   +61 2 6253 3277     Australian Communications & Media Authority
email: andrew.macintyre at acma.gov.au

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the email and any attachments to it. The information contained in this email and any attachments may be private, confidential and legally privileged or the subject of copyright. If you are not the addressee it may be illegal to review, disclose, use, forward, or distribute this email and/or its contents.

Unless otherwise specified, the information in the email and any attachments is intended as a guide only and should not be relied upon as legal or technical advice or regarded as a substitute for legal or technical advice in individual cases. Opinions contained in this email or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ACMA.