[python-win32] building pywin32 on Server 2003 x64

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri May 30 19:38:12 CEST 2008

Hanni Ali wrote:

> I am attempting to build pywin32 for a 64 bit deployment.

Wow, that's a big task.  I hope you will be able to share what you learn
with Mark.  Many people will be interested in this in the future.

Mark will have to decide whether the 64-bit version will need to be
called "pywin64"...

> Although I seem to have hacked it suficiently to get it to compile
> linking fails with errors of this manner:
>
> MSVCRT.lib(gs_support.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> __imp_Get
> CurrentThreadId referenced in function __security_init_cookie

In my experience, this usually indicates a mismatch between compiler
versions, where some of the object or libraries were compiled with a
different compiler.  Are you using the "amd64" libraries to link this?
Have you downloaded a platform SDK, or are you using the one that ships
with VS2005?

Are you compiling ON a Win64 system, or are you cross-compiling?

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com