[python-win32] Request for comments

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri May 30 21:55:56 CEST 2008

Mike Driscoll wrote:
> I was looking at the front page and thought it might be nice to have a
> section devoted to Networking / Remote Access. Or maybe that's rolled
> into one of the other categories and I missed it.

Sounds good.

> In the "building and deploying" section, I see you have MinGW. I have a
> generic tutorial on how to compile extensions using that compiler that
> you're welcome to use and/or re-work for your site. You can find it
> here: http://pythonlibrary.org/mingw.htm  If you need help, let me know.

It would be great if you could just reverse-engineer it into
a Sphinx page. I can move it around to meet my layout, such
as it is, but a ReST-format text would get things going all
the sooner.

> I have a similar one for VS2003, but it's much rougher
> (http://pythonlibrary.org/visual_studio.htm).
>
> Also, there's a cool wrapper for py2exe called GUI2exe that makes using
> it much easier (at least for me):
> http://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/main/GUI2Exe.html

Thanks for all those. Very obviously (I hope) whatever categories
and still-to-come topics in there at present by no means represent
some kind of BDUF structure. They're pretty much the result of me
brainstorming on the Tube into work. (Which is where most of the
content is being written at the mo).

TJG