[python-win32] vtable interface implementation in python

Vaclav Opekar opekar at eccam.com
Thu Nov 27 09:37:12 CET 2008

Hi all,
Since I'm trying to avoid writing C++ glue code  for my python
application, I was wondering whether it's possible to  implement vtable
interface in python.

 From IDL file I've generated a TLB, from TLB I've generated a python
stub using  makepy.

I got .py file with vtable description like

<snip>
IDocHostUIHandler_vtables_dispatch_ = 0
IDocHostUIHandler_vtables_ = [
(( u'ShowContextMenu' , u'dwID' , u'ppt' , u'pcmdtReserved' ,
u'pdispReserved' ,
			), 1610678272, (1610678272, (), [ (19, 1, None, None) , (36, 1, None,
None) , (13, 1, None, None) , (9, 1, None, None) , ], 1 , 1 , 4 , 0 , 12
, (3, 0, None, None) , 0 , )),

</snip>

Can I do the implementation of this interface in python using above?
The implementation the would be then passesed to other COM object.

Regards,
   Vaclav