[python-win32] Fwd: [DB-SIG] adodbapi return datetime

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 00:09:02 CET 2009

On 11/02/2009 3:15 AM, Vernon Cole wrote:

> My feeling is "yes", because
> 1) the Python 3.0 version of pywin32 will return COM date-times as
> datetime.datetime
> 2) mx.DateTime is not (yet?) available on Python 3.0 nor IronPython
> 3) as William said, it IS weird to silently change when mxbase is loaded.

The fact it comes with Python itself is also a strong argument, but:

> But, I am worried about breaking existing code if I change the default.

I don't have any such code, so my opinion isn't that valid here.

Just to be clear though, adodbapi has a documented way of changing what
is returned, so people who want to continue relying on mxDateTime have a
one-or-two line fix available, correct?

Thanks,

Mark