[python-win32] mapi - writing to PR_BODY

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 21:57:18 CET 2009

On 13/02/2009 2:35 AM, Christian K. wrote:
> Mark Hammond schrieb:
>> On 8/02/2009 7:06 PM, Christian K. wrote:
>>> write should return the number of bytes written but it returns None
>>> here.
>>
>> It appears Roger fixed this on 2007/08/07 and the fix was in builds
>> 211 and 212.
>
> I suppose I am using a recent build - where can I find the version
> information?

Via "Add Remove Programs" is probably easiest.

> In fact I am currently not concerned that write returns None but that
> the code snippet shown before does not change the mail body at all.
>
> And I had situations, where write indeed did return the number of bytes
> written, again without any change on the body. My understanding of mapi
> is very basic but this seems to have to do with the access method to the
> mail body, i.e. whether the body should be retrieved via GetProp or via
> streaming.

That seems strange - the Write method on that interface used to
unconditionally return None and now it unconditionally returns an integer.

> In the end I would like to be able the mail body of each recieved mail,
> i.e. I catch the newmail event, read the mail body and want to write it
> back. If there are any other ideas how to achieve that, I would be
> grateful to hear about them.

I'm afraid I'm missing the point then.  You referenced SpamBayes and it
fetches the body text of each new mail as it arrives - why is that
scheme not working for you?

Mark