[python-win32] Quiet Install Available?

Lewis, Jeffrey G jeffrey.g.lewis at lmco.com
Mon Jan 19 21:23:22 CET 2009

Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply to my original post.
I ran into some gotchas trying your suggested approach,
but at this point we've found a completely different way
to install the python-windows extensions without user
interaction (using a program available from Microsoft called
scriptit).

I thought I would just pass on the problems I ran into in case anybody
else heads down this path.
I was able to work around WinZip not accepting the .exe file
as a zip file (I renamed the .exe to .zip) - I wrote a little bit of
python script to unzip it.  But there was no Removepywin32.exe
after unzipping, and when I tried to run the pywin32_postinstall.py
I got an error pop-up saying:
	The application or DLL
	C:\h\PYTHON\Lib\site-packages\pywin32_system32\pywintypes25.dll
	is not a valid Windows image.  Please check this against your
	installation diskette.

Thanks again for your quick response, and thank you very
much for the extensions!

Jeff