[python-win32] Pb SxS for install
mc at mclaveau.com
Fri Jan 30 09:58:25 CET 2009
I hope you understand me, and my very bad english.
- For tests, I use virtual computers (Virtualbox), and I restore the
test-machine between each test.
- I try on a: Vista-home-premium (like "new, taken out of factory") + IE-8
rc1 ; french versions
- With the same conditions as yesterday, your new installer
(pywin32-212.7.win32-py2.6.exe) run OK. But, after, it's my softwares who
have SxS problem!!!
- With your (special) Python26.dll copied in %windir%\system32, it is same.
- But, it is OK if:
- I deactivate UAC,
- re-install (repair) Python 2.6.1 (that keep your Python26.dll in
and, bizarre, if I re-activate UAC, all run OK, then... (all problems
solved, including "Python-dll-CRT-90")
I continue some tests. I will try :
- first installs with UAC deactivated prior.
- reboot after copy the Python26.dll (with and without UAC)
- run all install/copy/configure under Admin, and under single user
- test with Windows-7 and XP (I have anothers virtual computers)
Thank you for yours contributions, and have a good day.
More information about the python-win32