[python-win32] Trying to grab exe of foreground window

sudheer sivathasan sudheer_87 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 04:48:19 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

Normally I’m able to find the answers I’m looking for on the net…but this time, either I haven’t searched hard enough or no one has attempted this before, so I would really like to request some help with this. I’m trying to write a program to locate the directory of the .exe of the foreground window and search for a file within that directory...I know this sounds ambitious but I believe there has to be a way to do it. So far, all I've managed to do is grab the name of the foreground window. Oh yeah, I'm pretty new to python actually...about 3 weeks into learning it. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!

Regards,

Sudheer