[python-win32] regarding invoking command prompt using python

a h ah.kode at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 14:24:54 CEST 2009

Hi all

1.I want to know how do i write batchfile kind of file in python so that it
executes some commands. Code snippets are required.
2.As well how do i invoke command prompt.

Actually what i need is that i have to perform certain things in
windows...first i have to go to start->run->type cmd
then command prompt window is open... in that to run an .exe i have to give
the whole path like this c:\> cd temp_folder\next_folder\test.exe... and
many more commands...
So I want this to be perfomed in python. please help
Thanx in advance
Thnx & rgds
ah