[python-win32] Need help in MKS

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Mar 12 17:22:46 CET 2009

kerneldude wrote:

> Ya i have an application and i need to test that application by
> providing fake input from keyboard and mouse .
>
> In which i need to shoot keystrokes and need to compare it with
> standard US keyboard keystrokes values . and need to verify if it is
> correct.
>
> Same is true for mouse movement i.e if i am clicking right, left
> button i need to check whether my application is giving correct o/p.
>
> If that mouse is having scroll button, whether it is working or not on
> application.
>
> My Application works on linux as well as on windows too.

I suggest you take a close look at the "pyAA" library here:
    http://www.cs.unc.edu/Research/assist/developer.shtml

This is a library designed specifically for automating other
applications, for doing GUI tests.  It was designed by a research team
in computing for handicapped folks.  I think it will do what you need.

This is Windows only.  Linux will require a different approach, but
then, you did ask this question on a Python-for-Windows mailing list...

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com