[python-win32] Specifying an initial directory name for win32ui.CreateFileDialog()

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 22:04:45 CEST 2009

I want to specify the directory in which win32ui
<win32ui.html>.CreateFileDialog()
should be displayed.
The arguments in the help PyCFileDialog <PyCFileDialog.html> = *
CreateFileDialog(bFileOpen, defExt , fileName , flags , filter , parent *)
don't seem to allow this.

I know I can specify the initial  director (among other things) when I
invoke the File Open browser from wxPython and other gui frameworks.

How do I do this with the bare bones Win32 api?

Thanks