[python-win32] Pylons as service...

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue May 19 19:42:43 CEST 2009

Durumdara wrote:

>     The service NAME isn't important at all.  That's only used for filing,
>     so to speak.  It's the command line that identifies the script to
>     be run.
>

> One thing I don't understand that Image Path is "" (in this machine):
> "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\win32\PythonService.exe"
>
> Only pointer to WindowsService script is:
> "PythonClass:default" = "c:\web\pylons\xxx\WindowsService.MyService"
>
> The thing I don't know if PythonService is used by Service system
> without any parameters then how to find this exe the PythonClass that
> need to be call?

Well, that's because what I said was not correct...

The service name is passed to PythonService.exe (as a parameter to the
ServiceMain callback).  PythonService then goes out to the matching key
in the registry (HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\service_name)
and gets the value from the PythonClass default value.  That's how it
knows which file to load and which class to instantiate.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com