[python-win32] win32job.SetInformtionJobObject usage -- what am I doing wrong?

Bob Erb rerb at progress.com
Tue May 26 22:56:02 CEST 2009

Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> writes:
> Bob Erb wrote:
>> I want to create a Win32 job, then limit its memory use.  I thought
>> the code below would work, but it doesn't.  What am I doing wrong?
>>
> <snip>
>
> You also need this before the Set call:
>     extended_limits['BasicLimitInformation']['Limit_Flags'] +=
> win32job.JOB_OBJECT_LIMIT_JOB_MEMORY

Thank you, Tim! Perfect!

> What do you plan to do with this?

We need to test how our products behave when they need more memory
than they can get.  On unix, we use resource.setrlimit() from the
Python standard library.  But resource is unix-only.

Thanks again for the help.

- Bob

This email communication and any attachments may contain
proprietary, confidential, or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you have received this email in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents is prohibited. The sender does not waive
confidentiality or any privilege by erroneous transmission. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the sender
immediately, delete this email, and destroy all copies and any
attachments. Thank you.