[python-win32] Unmuting the Microphone

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Mon Nov 9 16:20:30 CET 2009

I received a request to un-mute the microphone on Windows XP. I've
looked around online and all I've seen are people recommending ctypes,
but no examples (in Python). I did find this C++ code, but I can't tell
if if just toggles mute or allows the programmer to specify that they
want the mic unmuted. Here's the link:

I found an even longer piece of c# code, but it looks like it's mostly

Does anyone have any tips or could point me in the right direction? I
didn't find any obvious wrappers in the docs.