[python-win32] Please help with "Library not registered" error

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 03:40:45 CEST 2010

On 24/08/2010 10:39 AM, Francis.Kwok at ca.schneider-electric.com wrote:

> I'm trying to use Python to wrap a COM library, However I get the
> following error:
>
> (-2147319779, 'Library not registered.', None, None)
>
> I've also tried registering the dll with regsvr2.exe

It looks like the object simply doesn't install a type-library, but at
runtime it does supply its ID.  You can probably avoid the cast-to by
specifying the clsid of the object you want to end up with, but that
depends a little on the object itself.

I'm CCing Mark here as I forgot about the ability to specify the
resultCLSID param, and that might simplify the options I referred him to
just a few minutes ago.

HTH,

Mark