[python-win32] Checking app windows for certain keywords

Kevin Carlson kevinlcarlson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 21:16:56 CET 2010

Hello,

My searches didn't turn up anything so I'm posting to the group:

I'd like to develop a Python app that periodically scans all open app
windows (browser, Word, Outlook, etc.) for specific keywords.  The
idea is to have an alert window popup (using wxPython) as a reminder
to the user to handle certain documents in a special way.

Libraries such as WinGuiAuto.py can apparently check the contents of
forms, but I haven't seen anything to simply identify keyword text
anywhere within an open window.  Ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin