[python-win32] Prevent a (Tkinter) window from maximizing via win32 api call?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Thu Dec 2 15:13:24 CET 2010

Hi Eric,

> Are you sure about that? I just tried:

My original question said "resizable window" :)

I have a *resizable* Tkinter window with min and max sizes set. I
want to prevent users from attempting to maximize this window
because the window pops over to the upper left of the display - a
behavior that my users find very frustrating (and of little
value).

I can trap the maximize event in Tkinter by binding to a window's
<Configure> event, but the Tkinter raises the <Configure> event
*after* it has maximized the window so I can't cancel the
maximize behavior.

Thanks for your help!

Malcolm

<snipped>