[python-win32] Intenet explorer using PythonWin Help

Pat McGuire pmcguir at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 19:53:32 CET 2010

I am new at programming with Python and am using Pythonwin.  I have a couple of questions'

1.  The code below after doc.FormName.submit() will navigate to the correct page but if I print the url it shows the url of the page I logged in at.  I thought submit would be just like if I clicked on the submit button.

import win32com.client
import win32api
ie = win32com.client.Dispatch( "InternetExplorer.Application" )
ie.Visible = 1
ie.Navigate("urlhere")
while ie.Busy == True:
    win32api.Sleep(1000)
doc = ie.Document
doc.FormName.email.value = "emailaddress"
doc.FormName.password.value = "mypassword"
doc.FormName.submit()

2.  Can you point me to a site that which show me how to access each type of form element, i.e. option, hrefs, links, etc

Any help is greatly appreciated.