[python-win32] MemoryError: can I use more?

Greg Antal greg.antal at ata-e.com
Sat Feb 13 01:58:33 CET 2010

Dear Angelica:

2.2 GB is essentially the largest integer you express with 32 bits
(2^31), and therefore the largest quantity of memory for which you can
define an address. There are some tricks that really sophisticated
programmers can do that let you use more than that, but I don't know how
to do it. If you want to access more memory, you have to go to a 64-bit
machine and operating system.

- Greg Antal

Gregory W. Antal
Senior Technical Advisor