[python-win32] win32gui and SysListView32

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Feb 18 19:51:11 CET 2010

Michel Claveau wrote:

> I use a SysListView32 in a Window, for show a list of lists.
> It is very good, but I have two questions :
>  - The size is limited to 9999 lines ; how define more?

The number of items is limited only by available memory.  I know of apps
that have used more than 100,000 items.  Why do you believe there is a
9,999 line limit?

>  - I did not found how define alignment for columns (Left, Right,
> Center) ; have you a sample?

You can do it when you add the column using LVM_INSERTCOLUMN, or you can
do it afterwards by sending LVM_SETCOLUMN.  You set the "fmt" member of
the LVCOLUMN structure to LVCFMT_RIGHT or LVCFMT_CENTER.  Be sure to set
LVC_FMT in the "mask" member to indicate that you're changing the
format.  If you use LVM_SETCOLUMN, you should probably do an
LVM_GETCOLUMN first, then modify the current settings.

The leftmost column is ALWAYS left-justified.  This cannot be changed.

This seems like the hard way to write an application.  Have you
considered using a GUI framework like Tkinter or Qt or (my favorite)
wxPython?

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com