[python-win32] Boolean type changed in Python 3.0?

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 08:58:21 CET 2010

On 5/01/2010 3:51 AM, Sunny Carter wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying my posting again with a different subject so that it is more
> generic.
> I am having problems calling across the win32 API using a Boolean
> argument in Python 3.0 (False in my python script) which is not
> recognised as a Boolean (The error I get back from setattr is 'Boolean
> value expected').
> Has the way that a Boolean is represented changed in Python 3.0? This
> worked fine in Python 2.6. I cannot get it to work and have tried values
> of False,True,0 and 1, all to no avail.
> It sounds like a bug in the win32com API for 3.0 to me.
> Further details below.
> Many thanks to anyone that can help,

I expect something subtle is going on with boolean conversions in 3.x,
but the test suite does have coverage of booleans, so I'm really not
sure what the problem could be.  I don't have photoshop so I'm unable to
reproduce - I intend revisiting the tests to see if I can spot an edge
case which isn't tested, but I'm yet to get to that after the holidays...

Cheers,

Mark