[python-win32] Still looking for a method to get CPUID info ...

Gertjan Klein gklein at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 8 07:02:53 CET 2010

Tim Roberts wrote:

>However, I'll bet I know what it is.  CPUID trashes ebx, and in the x86
>calling sequence, that's supposed to be saved and restored.

That's it! Now, both Python 2.5 and 2.6 (and 3.1, if I change the print
statement) run this code successfully. Does that mean there is a
difference in calling sequence between Python 2.5 and 2.6? Or do they
have different expectations of which registers are left untouched?

Thanks for sticking with this. I often save little bits of code from
this newsgroup that I might want to use later, and now I have a little
project that shows me how to create a DLL from assembly code and call it
from Python.

Gertjan.