[python-win32] pywin32 services

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Jul 20 01:08:50 CEST 2010

 Michael Mileusnich wrote:
> This is all local to my C drive.  I opened up win32serviceutil and
> printed out fname and it is the directory where my app is running out
> of which is on C.  It is longer than 8 characters I'm not sure how
> FindFiles works.

FindFiles returns a tuple of interesting things about the data.  The 8th
thing in that tuple is the official file name.

fname should not be a directory.  "fname" should be the full path to the
executable.  "path" should be the path part of that -- everything up to
the last backslash.  The join reads the directory to find the full file
name, and tacks that on to the path.  99.99% of the time, "fname" should
end up the same coming out as it was going in.  It would be nice to know
whether the "index" it's complaining about is the [0] (meaning FindFiles
found no matches) or the [8] (meaning FindFiles returned something
unexpected).  Perhaps you should add
    print win32api.FindFiles(fname)
and see what it returns.

Do you have an extension on your service script?

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.