[python-win32] WMI script that shows general info about a computer (SOLVED)

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Mar 5 12:09:35 CET 2010

On 04/03/2010 18:25, python at bdurham.com wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
>> Well I'm always glad to hear a positive comment on the
>> source code, but there *is* some documentation:
>>
>> http://timgolden.me.uk/python/wmi/index.html
>> http://timgolden.me.uk/python/wmi/tutorial.html
>> http://timgolden.me.uk/python/wmi/cookbook.html
>
> I read and enjoyed all your documentation. The WMI feature I was trying
> to find (couldn't remember the name) was Win32_ComputerSystem and I
> don't believe that showed up in any of your examples. Not a criticism -
> I wasn't expecting you to provide general WMI documentation.

Ah. Slightly misunderstood. Something else which might help, then,
is the wmiweb.py which ships with recent versions of the wmi
module. It installs to c:\pythonxx\scripts or you can just get
it here:

   http://svn.timgolden.me.uk/wmi/trunk/wmiweb.py

It's a standalone web app which lets you browse the wmi
namespaces on local or remote computers. I often use it
when I know there's a WMI class for something but I can't
remember exactly what it's called :)

TJG