[python-win32] Detect whether a workstation is a laptop or desktop/server?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Sat Mar 6 00:20:47 CET 2010

As part of an inventory project I'm working on, I'm trying to
figure out whether a specific computer is a mobile asset (laptop)
or fixed asset (desktop/server).

Is there some feature that I can look that would indicate whether
a computer is a laptop or not? My initial thought was I could
look for battery properties, but I'm not sure that would allow me
to distinguish between a laptop and a server with an attached
UPS.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Malcolm