[python-win32] How to get Outlook headers

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 06:37:49 CET 2010

On 3/03/2010 5:07 PM, Antony Joseph wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to read the Message date from Outlook, I get the message
> date easily by using "PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS" only for the emails
> sent over the Internet. If the email was sent internally using exchange
> the mail headers are not  exist on this "PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS".
>
> How to get their headers for internal mails?

You can't, as they don't exist.  Only messages sent via the internet
have such headers.  The SpamBayes project has some code you may find
interesting in this regard (it even makes some attempt to reconstitute
the mime stuff which outlook mangles even for internet mail)

> Then i tried by using other property "PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME" to get
> the message date for internal mails.
>
> it returns
> (805765184, <PyTime:2/1/2010 6:29:11 AM>)
>
> The time is different from the original Message date is 2/1/2010
> 12:00:00 PM
>
> Is there any other property for internal mails which allow me to get the
> exact message date

As Harald mentioned, 'redemption' is a nice tool for this kind of
ad-hock property browsing...

HTH,

Mark