[python-win32] Win API call to display a BMP/PNG file as a splash screen for a console app? [SEC=PERSONAL]

Andrew MacIntyre Andrew.MacIntyre at acma.gov.au
Tue Mar 23 01:36:19 CET 2010

Is it possible to draw directly to the desktop?  I vaguely recall reading somewhere that that is how some splash screens are done to avoid the overhead of a window...

-------------------------> "These thoughts are mine alone!" <---------
Andrew MacIntyre           Operations Branch
tel:   +61 2 6219 5356     Communications Infrastructure Division
fax:   +61 2 6253 3277     Australian Communications & Media Authority
email: andrew.macintyre at acma.gov.au            http://www.acma.gov.au/