[python-win32] (no subject)

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Mar 31 20:03:16 CEST 2010

hitheam mohamed wrote:

> I have a script that runs smoothly on a local copy of an excel
> workbook. I want to implement this so that it can access a shared
> version of the workbook but I would like to kick out any users that
> currently have the shared version open. Is it possibly to kick out any
> users with an open copy of the shared workbook and keep all users out
> of the workbook as the script runs and re-enable their access after
> the script is done compiling?

No, Excel doesn't have any way to "kick out" folks that already have a
shared spreadsheet open.  If you really need this kind of shared access,
Excel is the wrong application.  You should use something like Access
with a real database backend, where you can manage concurrent access
more intelligently.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com