[python-win32] Simple Windows progressbar dialog (like messagebox) via Win32 API?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Fri Oct 1 01:10:05 CEST 2010

Tony,

>Try Easy Dialogs
> http://www.averdevelopment.com/python/EasyDialogs.html
>
> It has a progress bar. Easy Dialogs just wraps the native OS calls, and makes them sensible & cross platform.
>
> Using a progress bar is only a few lines of code.

Thanks for this recommendation. This looks like a great solution that's
very light weight.

I just tried this library on my Windows 7 system and was surprised to
see an old-fashioned (Windows 95 like) progressbar. Do you have any
ideas on how I might activate Theme support with this library so the
progressbar gets displayed using a Windows 7 style look?

Thanks for your help,

Malcolm