[python-win32] PyGUI blobedit creashes with pywin32-214 but not 212 - traceback - related problems

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Oct 22 01:25:34 CEST 2010

Roger Upole wrote:

> You instantiate the MFC view object without a document, but in order
> to actually create a window and do anything useful with it, it needs
> a valid document.

Are you absolutely sure about that?

At the MFC level, I can't see anything to stop you from
instantiating a CView and calling its Create method without
ever mentioning a CDocument.

The RichEditView kludge ends up creating a PyDocument object
wrapping a null pointer, and MFC seemed to be happy with
whatever pywin32 build 212 and earlier did with that.

--
Greg