[python-win32] unable to register a python com server

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Apr 7 19:12:22 CEST 2011

Vernon Cole wrote:
> Correct.  32 bit COM cannot talk to 64 bit COM.
> That's one of the few reasons for running 64 bit Python.

Well, we can't tell from his description whether this is actually the
issue or not.  He said he was unable to register the DLL.  That would
only be a problem if he were registering it using a 64-bit app.  In the
case of regsvr32, the system contains both versions (32-bit and 64-bit),
and each will silently call the other if it finds a mismatch.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com