[python-win32] my python service needs to access network resources

Chris Bennett cman122887 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 03:16:07 CEST 2011

I have been trying to figure this out for weeks now.
I have made a simply Python service on my local computer, but it needs to import a module from the network.
I have tried appending the UNC of the folder to the path but it still says "there is no module named X"
Then
 when I tried running the service logged on as NT
AUTHORITY\NetworkService it cannot find my service object, even if I
point to it with UNC in the registry.
I am running out of ideas. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is it a firewall issue?

Windows XP. Python 2.5.

-Chris Bennett