[python-win32] Excel graphs and saving excel workbook .xls

Rikus de Milander rickmmmbra at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 08:34:36 CET 2011

Hey,
I am currently working on a python script to fetch data from a database and
populate a excel sheet and draw some graphs. Currently I have only been
able to generate a scatter graph with  chart.ChartType =
constants.xlXYScatter . Is there a way that one can set the position of the
graph on the excel sheet or the size of the graph ?
Is there maybe a option to draw a bar graph or line graph ?

Another problem that I have is when saving the .xls workbook. When I use
self.workbook.save(filename) [I created a object of type workbook] it does
save but it also seems to close the application and remove it from the
memory so then any actions after the save for eg, adding a worksheet does
not work. Is there maybe a way to save the workbook without closing it ?

Regards
Rikus