[python-win32] DVCS options for pywin32

Randy Syring rsyring at inteli-com.com
Tue Feb 15 06:58:03 CET 2011

FWIW, I started out with Git and even read through the Pro Git book
(which was very good and very helpful):

http://progit.org/

I used it for several months, but I ended up abandoning it because of
what seemed to be second class support on Windows and, secondarily, my
own difficulty in just getting used to it.  I tried HG next and have
*never* looked back.  The only thing that ever made me miss git was
github, but since Atlassian has taken over bitbucket I am extremely
pleased with the HG/BB combination and I convert everything from SVN at
my first opportunity.

The only thing that irritates me is that I can't use SSH repo URLs on
windows without using TortoiseHG, at least, I haven't taken the time to
get it working with the hg command line version (which is likely a
platform issue, not HG's fault).

Anyway, it seems no one had any strong objections to HG.  Mark, does
that mean you will be moving to HG?

Randy Syring
Intelicom
Direct: 502-276-0459