[python-win32] Possible future direction for PyGUI on Win32

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Feb 28 10:40:03 CET 2011

On 28/02/2011 05:01, Vernon Cole wrote:
> Hmmm... projects get abandoned for many reasons.
>
> Michael:
>    In your professional opinion would it be worthwhile to
> clone/fork/resurrect the pythonnet project, or is it a bad idea better
> left dead?

Well, the last Svn commit was 4 weeks ago, by "barton_c", and Python27
"support" (ie switches") were added 2 months ago. Looks like "Barton_C"
needs to do some advertising. I'll see if I can contact him/her through
sf.

I've just pulled the source code down; I'll see if I can get it to
build against the Python27 repo. (When I get the time...)

FWIW, I have used it successfully, if trivially, to employ SQL-SMO
to script off my database. This (rather than IronPython) because I
have an existing investment in the CPython svn bindings. (In short:
pragmatism beats purity).

TJG