[python-win32] Possible future direction for PyGUI on Win32

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Feb 28 10:57:52 CET 2011

On 28/02/2011 09:40, Tim Golden wrote:
> On 28/02/2011 05:01, Vernon Cole wrote:
>> Hmmm... projects get abandoned for many reasons.
>>
>> Michael:
>> In your professional opinion would it be worthwhile to
>> clone/fork/resurrect the pythonnet project, or is it a bad idea better
>> left dead?

... and what I meant to add was: Python.NET seems to sit in an awkward
place in the ecosystem. Its niche seems to be: where you want a small
bit of .NET technology (such as SQL-SMO in my case) but don't want to
migrate any win-specific Python code. (ie stuff relying on pywin32)

If you wanted lots of .NET stuff or if you only have pure Python
code you'd probably use IronPython .

TJG