[python-win32] installation problem on win xp

Lynn Oliver raycores at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:31:29 CEST 2011

Hello,

New here, so I hope I'm following correct procedures.

Yesterday I installed python 2.7.2 on win xp and then successfully installed pywin32-216.  Today I needed to use a different version of python, so I uninstalled both and installed python 2.6.7 and pywin-216.  The installation failed and this was displayed on the final screen:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 604, in <module>
 File "<string>", line 314, in install
 File "<string>", line 152, in LoadSystemModule

I also tried pywin32-215 with the same result.

I didn't find anything that related in the troubleshooting or FAQ pages.  Since there is a request to report bugs for win xp install problems I went ahead and did that (#3356683).

Is there anything else I should try?

Regards,
Lynn